Generally, damage protection (DP) will be awarded when a base is damaged more than 50% in an attack, but there are also certain anti-exploit measures in place that may cause a base not to receive protection regardless of how much damage it receives. Some of the specific reasons might be:
- Your base didn't accrue enough total damage in the attack to award DP (your base must be at least >50% damaged)
- You currently are or were recently in the same clan as the player you didn't receive DP from.
- You appear to be an alt account of the player you didn't receive DP from.
- You are a Facebook friend with the player you didn't receive DP from.
- DP may also be withheld based on friending history with attackers, and availability of PVP points
Key Words: Damage, Protection, DP, Attack, Defense